I start my cleanse on a relaxing Sunday morning with a warm bowl of black rice or turmeric quinoa porridge with stewed ginger and white peaches, pomegranate seeds and a little homemade granola because I am addicted to crunch. At lunch it’s a deliciously vegan roasted veggie bake, straight out the oven, followed my some herbal tea, kombucha or a turmeric latte. In the evenings I make a light and satisfying bowl of Alubia blanca soup with my favourite Happy Earth People chickpea pasta.
Remember to soak the cleanse the night before
Cleanse day! One jar of Happy Earth People Mungday Cleanse makes a generous pot of a broth, so filled with flavour that it will satisfy and sustain you throughout the day – which is honestly always one of my challenges. During the day I drink lots of water and herbal teas and avoid the urge to snack on something crunchy. I try to do light exercise, like a walk in nature or along the Sea Point promenade – without my cell phone. I try to wind down from 6pm and make sure I switch off all screens an hour before bed.
On Tuesday, breakfast is a bowl of creamy quinoa porridge with roasted pear, almond butter, a sprinkle of almond and vanilla granola and pomegranates. Lunch is a saucy vegan mac ‘n cheese with Happy Earth People chickpea pasta and tenderstem broccoli. For dinner I have a roasted butternut, kale and chickpea salad which I change up a little by steaming the kale instead of keeping it raw and using up the last of my roasted veggies which I made on Sunday.
Although this may seem long, it’s really very basic. Most of these ingredients are either easy to find or already in our kitchens.
Once I have everything I need, I get prepping! This only takes me just over an hour, doesn’t require much skill or effort and can be turned into a fun part of your Sunday. The prep list makes it easier to use my recipes and prep effectively.
The Prep List:
- Prepare the Mungday cleanse (see bottle for easy instructions)
- Make the porridge for breakfast; you can cook the quinoa in a large pot and then divide it up for the porridge and quinoa veg bake.
- Enjoy some down time before you get prepping.
- Roast vegetable and chickpeas – this happens first as it take the longest.
- While the veggies roast, divide and finish off the quinoa porridge by adding water or nut milk and almond butter, then stir smooth and creamy (see recipe for more info)
- *At this point I suggest cleaning up a little.*
- Next make a double batch of béchamel (white sauce) which is used in both the quinoa bake and mac ‘n cheese. Once it’s done, your roasted veggies should also be ready, so you can assemble and bake these delicious dishes.
- At this stage all you have left to do is roast the pears and soak your Mungday cleanse. And you are good to go.
- You cook the cleanse fresh on the day of eating.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.