1. Heat the coconut oil in a large nonstick saucepan on a medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic and thyme and saute for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the mushrooms, saute for 3 minutes or until they start to brown.
4. Add the remaining ingredient (except the pasta). Stir and leave to simmer for 15minutes, to allow the sauce (which now looks like soup) to thinker and for the flavors to intensify.
5. While your mushroom sauce simmers away, clean up and cook the red lentil fusilli.
6. Add the cooked fusilli to the sauce, stir in, taste and season before serving.