1. Preheat the oven to 200° C and grease a muffin pan.
2. Combine the yolks, coconut butter, 3 T of coconut sugar and salt, mix until it becomes lighter in colour.
3. Add the buckwheat flour, bicarb, baking powder and vanilla essence to the yolk mixture.
4. Using a clean bowl and clean whisk, whisk the egg white and 1 T of coconut sugar until soft peaks are formed.
5. Add the egg whites to the batter in 1/3 with a large metal spoon.
6. If the mixture is very stiff then add a little liquid, either soy milk or water, until a smooth and thick batter is formed. lastly add the chocolate chips.
7. Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, place in the over, lower the temperature to 180° C and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
8. While the muffins are baking, place all the icing ingredients into a nutribullet of blender and blend until smooth.